Monday, 29 Aug 2016
1. Stream graph: when highlighting a suburb in the unit statistics, highlight the corrsponding suburb in the house statistics too. Verse vasa.
2. Fixed the problem when there are no data for one statistics.
3. Fixed the problem that it does not get back to normal when finishing mouse over.
Friday, 19 Aug 2016
1. Suburb data:
Thursday, 11 Aug 2016
1. Get the SA1 boundaries from ABS.
2. Convert the information into JSON file. (with Java program)
3. Creat a layer on the top of Google maps to show the statistics of sa1.
4. Navigation bar. -> Only show the information while users load that particular exploration type.
5. Users can define the dimensions that the colour stands for.
Wednesday, 10 Aug 2016
1. When user highlight a property in any views, a marker will be shown in the Google Maps view to show the position.
2. Google Maps view -> the colour mapping is based on any categorical dimension that is defined by users.
Monday, 8 Aug 2016
1. Updated the spider chart, from axes-based to section-based.
Sunday, 7 Aug 2016
1. Got the data of public secondary school ranking into the system.
2. Enabled to visualize the secondary school zone and the ranking informaton (with colours) in the system.
3. Adjusted the colour information refereced from "http://colorbrewer2.org/".
4. When user click on the school, show the school and ranking information.
5. Fixed the problem of showing ranking information when the information does not exis.
6. Changed the geo-coded scatter plot to -> coded with suburbs.
7. When users highlight a property, the suburb name will be shown in the geo-coded scatter plot view.
Sataurday, 6 Aug 2016
1. Formated the initialization of the multidimensional view.
2. Fixed the problem that other views does not change when changing the dimensions to visualize.
3. The multidimensional view was enabled to change after users' region selection on the Google Maps view.
4. Fixed the problem of linking errors (pcs vs sc, and pcs vs boolean table) after the change in the multidimensional view.
5. Fixed the problem of highlighting data items when selecting from the Image Card and Google Mapws view.
6. Fixed the bug of displaying in parallel coordinates after both region selectios and dimension selections.
7. Added the function of "Add my favoriates", and "Delete from my favoritates".
8. Added the function of "Visualize my favoriates" and "Back to the exploration".
Friday, 5 Aug 2016
1. Fixed the problem of not disabling custom controls (operator controls) in the suburb mode.
2. Changed Spider chart from only allowing selecting 6 dimensions, to any number of dimensions.
3. Allowed users to choose the dimensions visualized in Spider Chart.
4. Disabled users' selection on categorized dimensions in Spider Chart.
5. Left navigation was enabled to scroll up when needed without showing the scroll bar, using webkit.
6. When users click on the word cloud view, the color of the word will change, which allows us to select the feature later.
Thursday, 4 Aug 2016
1. Designed the selecting panel in left navigation div.
2. Allowed users to select dimensions to visualize in parallel coodinates.
3. Allowed users to delete and add new dimensions from parallel coordinates.
4. Fixed the problem that the changing of font in parallel coordinate axes.
5. Fixed the linking problem between parallel coordiates with other two views, when the number of axes change.
6. Fixed the problem when new axes are added, the other two views are disappeared.
Monday-Wednesday, 1-3 Aug 2016
1. Progressively loading data in Google Maps view.
By default, we display 7,000 property on current window. Users can zoom in (or select regions) to load more properties.
2. When you are browsing the properties (not suburbs), region selections (on the right_top of the Google Maps) will be enabled. You can select the region from there. Also, several operations (second line) have been designed (inspired by the selections in Photoshop). You can get the instruction by hovering on the images.
3) Improved the Coloured Boolean table
: now we display the features for 100 properties (previously it is 30.). And if the result is less than 100, the view will be enlarged.
4) Spider Chart
When you click on an individual property, the detailed information and the spider chart will be displayed. You can click on other properties to enable other spider charts. The spider chart will be closed when you click on it.
Fig.7 To visualize the secondary school zone and the ranking informaton (with colours) in the system. When user click on the school, show the school and ranking information.
Fig.6 Change the geo-coded scatter plot to -> coded with suburbs.
Fig.5 When users highlight a property, the suburb name will be shown in the geo-coded scatter plot view.
Fig.4 The multidimensional view was enabled to change after users' region selection on the Google Maps view.
Fig.3 Chang Spider chart from only allowing selecting 6 dimensions, to any number of dimensions.
Fig.2 Added the function of "Add my favoriates", and "Delete from my favoritates", "Visualize my favoriates" and "Back to the exploration".
Fig.1 Allow users to choose the dimensions visualized in Spider Chart and Parallel Coordinates.